The Indigenous Archives Collective aims to showcase and connect information on innovative projects that are working with Indigenous knowledge sources. Areas of focus include:
- Community archives and Indigenous Peoples
- Decolonising practices in galleries, libraries, archives, and museums
- Providing a voice for Indigenous people who are contributing to the field
- Building dialogue on good and bad practices in the sector
- Self-determination and agency for Indigenous peoples to manage data and cultural heritage materials
- Intellectual and Cultural Property Rights and Indigenous collections
- Education & training for Archives, Library and Information Sciences that aligns with Indigenous aspirations and ways of knowing.
ATSIDA is honoured to be a contributing member. We’ll be sharing stories, experiences, research, reflections and questions on the importance of Indigenous Archives.